Black Mold Stachybotrys
We'll beat any competitor's price in Texas in a rush same-night turn-around! Our service is 7 days a week! PhD mycologist is reading your samples! And your testing could come with an interpretation report ! (see a sample)
It is a cellulolytic saprophyte with a worldwide distribution and is frequently recovered in water-damaged buildings.
This black mold aroused significant notification when infants in Cleveland, Ohio, died of pulmonary hemorrhage after lived in Stachybotrys infested houses.
From the authoritative book "Atlas of clinical Fungi" (de Hoog et al., 2000, CBS Netherland), this mold is not described but referred to as "a toxigenic fungus, it was isolated from lungs of a child with pulmory hemisiderosis".
That publication goes to the Journal of Pediatrics (Okan Elidemir, Vol.104 No.4 October 1999, pp. 964-966), in which "Stachybotrys atra, a toxigenic fungus, has been implicated as a potential cause of pulmonary hemorrhage/hemosiderosis in infants living in water-damaged homes. Although epidemiologic evidence supports this association, neither the organism nor its toxic products has ever been recovered from humans. We report the first case in which Stachybotrys was isolated from the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of a child with pulmonary hemorrhage. Stachybotrys was also recovered from his water-damaged home. The patient recovered completely after his immediate removal from the environment and subsequent cleaning of his home. This case provides further evidence that this fungus is capable of causing pulmonary hemorrhage in children".