Facts About Water
● Water is the only natural substance with all three states -- liquid, solid (ice), and gas (steam) -- visible in everyday life;
● Water freezes at 0 C (32 F) and boils at 100 C (212 F) with which temperature is based on. Except in USA and Jamaica, the entire world uses Celsius to mark temperature.
● Water is unusual in that the solid form, ice, is less dense than the liquid form, which is why ice floats. Without this property, life will not be possible, since all the waterways will be frozen into ice core, thus a frozen globe;
● Water has a high specific heat index. Water can absorb a lot of heat. The high specific heat index of water also helps regulate air temperature more gradually. Cars and big buildings use water to cool.
● Water has a very high surface tension. Water is sticky and elastic, and tends to clump together in drops. Water's capillary action, allows water to move through the roots of plants and through the tiny blood vessels in our bodies.
● Density: 1 gram per cubic centimeter (cc) at 39.2°F, 0.95865 gram per cc at 212°F. Here are some water volume comparisons: 1 gallon = 4 quarts = 8 pints = 128 fluid ounces = 231 cubic inches.
● Water molecule is made of 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen, hydrogen is highly inflammable, and oxygen is the universal oxidizer, however, water is the extinguisher, colorless, tasteless, nevertheless, the sweetest source for life.
● All life forms on this globe is based on water, no exception! If and only if other forms of life in universe elsewhere can falsify this truth.
● Softening your home water (removing Magnecium and Calcium) would be a good idea, but dechlorinating water for your whole home would be a bad idea. Chlorine indeed protects your home tap water from growing bacteria, removing it will foul your water!
● There might be no scientific evidence that mineral water, spring water (with high rare mineral elements), sulfuric water have therapeutic effect, hot temperature, relaxing and comfortable bathing might be exerting the effect.